more about us . . .
. . . Standards
The preservation community demands adherence to standards.
Standards require minimum performance and ensure uniformity across institutions.
Adherence to standards supports long-term sustainability and access to information.
Among the standards in daily use:
- The 7-point visual inspection protocol
AES-31-3, AES-57, AES-X098C
- Embedded metadata, ADL structure maps
- Guidelines for audio preservation
American Library Association Definition of Digital Preservation
Digital preservation combines policies, strategies and actions to ensure
access to reformatted and born digital content regardless of the challenges
of media failure and technological change.The
goal of digital preservation is the accurate rendering of authenticated content
- Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard
EBU Core 1.0, PB Core, Dublin Core, MPEG-21
Metadata standards to different audiovisual collections
Because of our desire and commitment to staying current on these evolving
standards, George Blood Audio/Video staff serve on committees of professional
organizations, including those that set the standards used in the industry.
- American Library Association
- Association for Recorded Sound Collections
- Audio Engineering Society
- International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives
- Music Library Association
Learn more about
what we do for our clients
and how we assure